Yes, I disappeared from the blogging world for a few months, but I have a FANTASTIC reason! We are expecting Baby #3 in September! Very, very, very excited! Lily is 100 percent convinced that the baby is a girl and she has already named her Isabella (still in negotiations on that one ....). Cort is indifferent and was just happy the Dr.'s office had books.
This is how Lily feels about a new baby :)
I am now 13 weeks and looking forward to the second trimester energy. We've been in survival mode since January. Since I have been pregnant, the kids and I have had the 24 hour flu, RSV, colds, sore throats, coughs, etc. We come out of quarantine just often enough to pick up the next bug going around. You can bet that we are ready for sunshine and the sickie season to be over!
Now I need advice from all you mommies! This is my third time around, but I feel like there are so many things that I want to improve about my pregnancy and labor and delivery. So I would love any helpful tips! I do have to give birth at the hospital because of the preeclampsia problems I have had with both pregnancies. But I know that a lot of the natural ideas work because I was able to stay off the preeclampsia meds with Cortland. The Hypnobirthing tracks and getting massages during the third trimester helped immensely!
So here are my questions:
1. How do you prepare for having three kiddos ages 4,2, and newborn? lots of freezer meals in advance? fun activities for the kids?
2. Nursing advice? I would love for the first six weeks of nursing not to be absolutely stressful and a pain. What resources helped you?
3. Is a doula worth if even if you plan to get an epidural?
4. How do you find more energy?
5. Any other advice you have!
Minecraft Math & Writing Units + A Freebie!
2 years ago